Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Painting....Molding.....

The last 2 weeks my husband and I found some motivation.....


Before


After


I am in love with our new paint color!  Which is a good thing because painting a 2 story entry is no easy task...so it will have to stay for a very long time.
My favorite this is how the darker paint color makes the new moldings pop and look so clean!  Moldings are something so simple yet I forget sometimes the drastic impact they have on the feeling of a home.  I will not expand right now...we will save that for another post!

I have also repainted the banister a dark chocolate color which I also love.  There again a very good thing because painting a banister is no easy task...it takes FOREVER!  And I really don't want to do it again!

Now it is time to decorate ... the best part right?  I have never had so much wall space before...I AM SO EXCITED!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Good ideas! I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. KEep on your sharing! I appreciate it. painter phoenix az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love the paint color, too! In fact, I am loving all of the colors that you chose in your house and it's killing me that I cannot find where you mention what they are ANYWHERE! Please, please please ... pretty please... will you share them.
    The funny part of this is that I started repainting our antique house with the colors from "for the love of a house", too, but they just don't work in our home and I have been re-imagining a palette that looks very similar to yours! So, I'd really appreciate any paint color info you could share! Thanks -- love your home! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...