Friday, May 4, 2012

Backyard

Before:



When we bought this house there was no grass on the property!  Everything was gravel!  If you don't like to mow that is an excellent solution.  However my daughters didn't enjoy rolling on the gravel :)
So everything had to come out!

Taking it all out was NOT fun!  There was more in this backyard than we realized. There was another pond/waterfall in the back corner, and a big bird cage right in front of those dirt mounds.  The dirt mounds are just 3 of the 8 composting piles.  The whole backyard was covered with cloth!  There was also a buried fire pit and a picket fence we dug out! 

After:



We laid our sod 2 weeks ago...I mowed it today!  It was a great feeling!  I LOVE THE GREEN GRASS!!



My dogs also love the green grass!


We have loved having the sport court.  We don't use it for sports...YET!  But my daughters love to ride their bikes on it.

We left the little stream and the Koi Pond.  It is on the side of our home, I love the sound of the water and the relaxing feel of this area.  In this area we also have 2 pear trees, 3 apple trees, 1 plum tree, 1 peach tree, and 2 grapevines.  Last year I loved having all the fresh fruit!

We are in the process of gating it off with a vinyl fence, to keep little ones out!  Once the fence is up I will take better pictures of the WHOLE area!









 And last but not least our cute little red shed!  They built this and I just LOVE it!  It is so darling one day I think it will be my girls playhouse!!




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...