Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cedar Chest

I really needed something in my family room to hid all the TOYS!!  Problem solved.....





My wonderful Papa made this cedar chest for me when I was about 10.  It has been with me ever since, that is along time.  So it has been through a teenager and 6 moves, as you can image it needed a face lift.  I FORGOT to take a before picture.  I was just so excited to get it done I guess.

The blue is Annie Sloan's chalk paint, Duck Egg Blue.  I know there have been several questions as to whether or not latex paint can be painted over Chalk Paint....the answer is YES.  I painted the whole thing duck egg blue and decided it needed some personality.  I didn't have any white chalk paint so the white is Latex.  It worked great!  The best part is when my girls need to clean up...they just  place (who am I kidding it is more of a chuck) it in the chest!

TTFN

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...