Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SOLD!!

My first table I refinished and put up for sale sold!!!  In 20 minutes to say the least!  You can imagine how happy I was!  Part of me was sad to see it go as this was my very first EVER furniture refinish....about 3 1/2 years ago.  Needless to say I have learned a lot since then so I did refinish it AGAIN to sell it!  I love the pedestal with the claw feet!  The black chairs were a gamble but I LOVE the contrast.


There were other people interested in the table which turned into some more sells for me!  Hooray!
This is the next table I refinished: 
(before)
Gotta love the 2 pedestals!!

After


I refinished this table with Annie Sloan's Old Orche chalk paint.  I love chalk paint it is such a predictable paint and it usually does just what you want!  So for a piece like this Chalk Paint is the WAY to go!


These chairs have such fun lines, which makes distressing them FUN, and I love the 2 captain chairs!



I am currently working on my 3rd table and hope to be done in the next week or so.  I am loving refinishing furniture!  Painting is so soothing to me, I often find myself lost in my thoughts (which never happens with children) and lose track of time.  There is just nothing like painting outside at midnight in the cool peaceful air!

TTFN

Brooke

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set this is, so classic in white. Makes me think of breezy summer afternoons & lilacs. Beautiful job! I'm visiting from POPP and am now following. I have been enjoying 'browsing' your blog tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! I love the black and white. That's awesome it sold so fast, it must be a great feeling to know that someone else appreciates your hard work as much as you do.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I am browsing blogs today because I am finally, *finally* ready to put some paint on my table and know I want to go with Annie Sloan. Then I realized I didn't know what color(s) to go with so back to the blogs for more help. . .
    Did you only use old orche? Did you use a wax or glaze or anything else?
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...