Thursday, September 20, 2012

Year Recap

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year.  A whole year, and we are not moving ever.  I hope I never have to eat those words ;)

As I have been looking back over pictures there has defiantly been a lot of blood sweat and tears oh and LOVE put in to this house.  There is something so satisfying to say, "Yes, I did that!"  Our house is not done (with me it will probably never be done)  but it is closer!   I thought I would share a few of my favorite projects, or maybe the ones I am SO SO glad are done!


The outside was so much work.  When we bought the house we just thought oh we will do this and take that out and la la la....well let me tell you I NEVER want to do this again.


But I do love how it turned out!




Our master bath was our first completed room!  And I still love it!

Before:


After:



My favorite part about this bathroom is the vanity and simplicity.  

My Laundry room was probably the most NEEDED renovation.  My laundry room is a hall to the garage, and I don't ever do laundry, which made it very hard to use the garage door.  We needed organization!


The laundry room was probably the most challenging, only because I had a very long list of must haves and a small budget.  
 

Read the full post here

And then there is my daughters room
Before:



After



Read the full post here

But my favorite room is.......My living room
(before)


I really don't like living rooms, mine usually just collect dust, but not anymore.  Well, it still does collect dust but at least it gets used!


 I love my photo wall (post here)
I love my over sized desk and my plank wall (pics and tutorial here)
This room is so functional for us now and I love everything about it!

My most challenging area was the Dining Area and Kitchen I really felt out of my comfort zone putting this area together, but I LOVE IT NOW!!!!








And our last project, just finished, the half bath.





Full post here!

Wow, what a year it has been.  It is so fun to look back at the progress.  I want to say thank you to all of you who read and leave comments.  Remodeling is so stressful, sometimes the things that kept me going were the sweet comments, support, and love.  I read every comment and try to respond to all (I know I fail sometimes at that)  So thank you to everyone!!!

TTFN

Brooke









6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--these before and afters are amazing! It is obvious you have worked really hard..and now you are reaping the benefits. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful! I know how you feel about working so hard on a house and never wanting to move again :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing
    transformation you have done on, and in your home.
    It is Gorgeous!
    The one project that looks totally like a different home is your outside. I can hardly believe the change, it's amazing and looks like a whole different home.
    I love your livingroom turned office too.
    I often thought of turning my livingroom into a workout room, but i'm not sure how i would make it inviting when company came over,lol...

    thanks for sharing your gorgeous home,

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is turning out very nice. Love your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big pat on the back to you guys for a job well don indeed! - linking back from 504 Main :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful job you did on your home - your bathroom vanity is out of this world gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...