Tuesday, April 28, 2015

DIY Pallet Art

Pallet art is so much fun to make, and the best part is you can put just about anything on it!  Want to make your own?  There is a tutorial below!


I used pine for this piece.  I used my chop saw and cut it done to size.  I wanted it to be12 inches x 9 inches. 
 I then used paint sticks to hold the boards together.  I applied glue and stapled the paint stick in place




Next  I pulled out my graphite transfer paper, I bought mine at Micheal's.  I like to wrap it around the board so I have a better idea of where the edges are.  It makes centering your image much easier.


Now you are ready to center your image on your board.  I used photoshop to design my lettering and then I printed it.


Once you have it centered it is time to trace


After everything is traced pull your image and graphite paper off and this is what it should look like


Now it is time to paint.  I used a soft cream color latex paint.  I try to stay inside the lines.  I don't worry about covering the lines.  I either sand them off, or they blend into the stain


Once everything is painted and dry I sand over the top to make everything smooth and to get rid of some of the graphite lines.   I also like how the stain stays in the sand marks made in the paint.


I then used a paint brushed to apply the Dark Walnut stain by Miniwax.  I wiped off any excess stain and let it dry.

Once it is try you have a beautiful piece of pallet art.  
These are great for Wedding gifts, I made this one for my step brother and his fiancé.




TTFN

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...