Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Monster Party For Our Little Monster

I can't believe our little man is 1!  It feels like just yesterday I was laying in bed feeling like a beached whale wondering if I was ever going to have this little boy.  The 9 months of sickness was worth it, our little guy is so sweet and fun.  
It defiantly is a change of pace to have a little boy, but he is breaking me in fast.  I had no idea all the garbage in the garbage can belonged in the toilet, or that lazy susans were made for little boys to hide in.  My daughters have nicknamed him the monster baby, nothing is safe when he is awake!
I felt it fitting to have a monster party for our little monster.








Normally I make everything for my parties, but this year I spread a little thinner than usual so my husband offered to order the cookies from a local bakery, a delicious local bakery that is!


They did such a great job they came out just how I had in mind!


I made the cupcakes, which were super easy.  I will post a tutorial on them tomorrow!


(notice the yummy taffy, I don't also like taffy but this stuff is delicious!)


My cute neighbor made these darling monster marshmallow pops, which are always a hit with the kids!


I dipped these pretzels in colored white chocolate.  I bought mine from JoAnn's and if you use a coupon you can get a bag for around $2!  JoAnn's also sells the candy eyes and sprinkles!


And this cake my friend, Marcia from Sweet Cravings made.  Isn't is the cutest little thing you have ever seen?  It was his smash cake, he loved picking all the "hair" off!





My awesome Grammy appliquéd this onsie.  Isn't it so cute?  I bought the pattern from the Appliqué Boutique on Etsy.


 The candy is kind of hidden, but there is also red gum balls and lime green sixlets, both I found at JoAnn's and they have lots of colors. 





It has been a fun day!  We love you little monster!
You can see my other parties here:

TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png

My dresser turned bench has been entered into a Competition on Bob Vila .....
I NEED YOUR VOTE!!

You can vote HERE it will only take a few seconds!!
Thank you









2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday!

    Very stylish party, I love the monsters idea and it is perfectly executed. It is amazing to see the amount of detail on all the edibles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I get so excited each week to see what you have been working on because it's always AMAZING! Thank you for sharing this with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we can party!!!! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...