Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pink and Gold Princess Party

My daughter had a birthday this week which means I spent most of my week in the kitchen.  I wasn't going to go all out this year but as her birthday got closer I just couldn't resist.  I don't bake sweets very often, probably because I eat way too much of it.  But it was nice to spend some time in the kitchen rather than the garage.  




I have always loved the look of textured cakes so I bought some cake combs and a turn table from Joann's this year to experiment with, it isn't as smooth as I would have liked it but I love the texture!   It will take a bit more practice that is for sure!!



My daughter and I made these cookies together the day before her birthday.  She is such a good little helper and I love that we get to spend some one on one time together!  Plus, the cookies were delicious and the first things gone!


For the cupcake wrappers I used a generic cupcake pattern I found on Pinterest and cut them out of scrapbook paper.  To get the fun edge I used scalloped scissors.







The party turned out great.  It was a nice evening spent with friends and family!  

You may have heard.......I have the privilege of  being part of Bob Vila's Thumbs Up Competition for my dresser turned bench.  I would love to have your vote!
You can vote HERE 
Thank you!!


TTFN

Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...