Wednesday, January 27, 2016

DIY Pom Pom Wreath Tutorial

I love the look of Pom Pom wreaths.  They are so fluffy and they are super easy to make.

You will need
Pom Pom Makers (you can get them from JoAnn's for $7 here )
Yarn.  (I used 2 different colors and textures Cream White)
Foam Wreath
Hot glue gun
Hot glue


First you are going to open your pom pom makers up and wrap the yarn around both sides.  It doesn't have to me perfect but I like to make sure it is wrapped tight and close to each other.


After it is wrapped you will close both sides and it will look like this


Now you are going to run your scissors down the middle and cut your yarn so it looks like this


Next take a piece of yarn and wrap it around the center of your Pom Pom maker and tie it really tight.  

 

After you have tired it you can take the maker off and you will have a very cute little pom pom


I started on the inside of my wreath alternating colors.  I attached the pom poms to my wreath with hot glue.  I put a dab of glue where I wanted the pom pom and pressed it firmly until the glue cooled down enough to hold the pom pom in place





After I finished the inside I started another row and continued the same pattern around my wreath.  After that row was complete I did one last row around the back making it a total of 3 rows.  I did squish my pom poms together to make the wreath as full as possible.  


And here is what your wreath will look like!  
This project took me a few hours to complete but it was well worth it!
I do sell the love cutouts in my Etsy store 


TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png

2 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, I PIN!
    Perfectly done and such a stunning little craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your wreath Brooke, perfect for Valentine's, and minus the LOVE, Christmas or all winter long. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...