Tuesday, February 9, 2016

How To Add Color to Your Hutch

Colors and style change fast these days.  But I admit I love color, so I really wanted to find a way to add color to my hutch without painting the whole thing a trendy color.  I am not opposed to trendy colors, in fact I kind of like them.  But when it takes hours/days to paint something it doesn't make much sense to paint it a color I am going to hate in a few years.

For this hutch I stuck with a nice soft cream latex for the body of the hutch.  
I added my color by removing the old back panel and replacing it with a new one. 



Here is how I did it:
First I popped the old back out.  I was careful to not destroy the old back so I could use is as a pattern for the new back.   
Next I cut my bead board down to size-You can buy 8'x4' sheets of bead board at Home Depot for around $20
After the bead board was cut down to size I painted the entire back with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Duck Egg.  It took me 2 coats of paint.
Once the paint dried I used my staple gun to attach my new back in place.  


Now my white dishes have an awesome backdrop that really makes them pop!

And the best part?  When I am sick of this color I can easily pop that back out and repaint it!


TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png






2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so much fun to add color to your hutch without completely repainting it? Love this simple project! Pinning to share!

    I'd love for you to share this project at The DIY Collective party that I co-host. My readers would love it! The party goes live each Thursday at 6am EST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely and I am with you on the color-- great choice! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...